- Prepare for you next move
- Call Viktoria Professional Services
- Follow Viktoria Professional Services Checklist and time line
- Don't leave it till last minute
Click here to get an estimate on your move
OUR REFERRAL PROGRAM
Refer a friend, neighbour, or relative to us and you'll receive 10% off the next service we provide to you.
Here are a few of the differences between Viktoria Professional Services and other moving companies:
- We have over 15 years of moving experience – local, long distance, and international
- We do not hire temporary movers - our movers are honest and hard working individuals that our part of our family, and all of our supervisors join us with a minimum of five years of experience in the industry with a reputable company
- We understand your time is valuable and always work as quickly and efficiently as possible to save you time and money
- We arrive in uniform, so you always know who you are letting into your home or office.
- We are fully insured!
We offer complete moving services to/from Toronto, the GTA, and surrounding areas as well as long-distance to anywhere inside of Ontario, outside of Ontario or even outside of the country!
Major municipalities included in our service area:
We service customers in the Greater Toronto Area: Toronto, The Durham region : Brock, Scugog, Clarington, Oshawa, Whitby, Uxbridge, Pickering, Ajax, The Region of York: Georgina, East Gwillimbury, Whitchurch Stouffville, Markham, King, Vaughan, Newmarket, Aurora, Richmond Hill, The Region of Peel: Caledon, Brampton, Mississauga, the Region of Halton: Halton Hills, Milton, Oakville, Burlington and the City of Hamilton
One to two months before moving:
- Call Viktoria Professional Services for a free in-home estimate
- Get packing supplies if packing yourself
- Make any necessary travel arrangements
- Have a garage sale
- Fill out change of address forms
- Obtain medical and dental records
- Ask your doctor and dentist for referrals and transfer prescriptions
- Record serial numbers of electronic equipment, if possible take pictures or video tape of your belongings
- Transfer your memberships
- Start a moving expenses log, as some of your expenses may be tax deductible
Two to four weeks before moving:
- Switch utility services to your new address -Inform telephone, cable, hydro companies of your move
- Transfer your newspaper and magazine subscriptions to your new address or discontinue delivery
- Confirm travel reservations if necessary
- Reserve the service elevator if moving from an apartment
- Check the contents of your safe-deposit box. Pack and carry all valuables such as jewellery, insurance policies, legal documents and important collections with you
- Clean or arrange for a cleaning service to clean your home
- Prepare your children for the move by encouraging them to prepare their own special box with toys, games and snacks for the trip
- Start packing (if packing yourself)
- Number all of your boxes, label each box according to its contents, specially mark fragile contents and keep an inventory list
A few days before moving:
- Finish packing
- Collect house keys and arrange to leave them with the new owners, your real estate agent or landlord
- Disconnect your appliances
- Double check all closets, shelves, your garage, etc. to be sure they are empty
- Ensure the movers have all your destination details, exchange phone numbers and have your cell phone with you in case you need to contact your movers, etc.
- Walk through your home with the crew to survey the work to be done and make sure your instructions/wishes are clearly understood
- Make sure you shut off all appliances
- Complete a last minute check of all rooms and closets
- Assist the movers by ensuring that items are delivered to the correct room
- Carry important documents, currency and jewellery yourself
Call Viktoria Professional Services (647) 344-1554 Toll Free: 1 ( 877) 399-1315 for a FREE Consultations in regards to your next Residential Moving.